Thursday 10 May 2007

Bajen in English

It seems the previous Bajen blog in English is now defunct, so I have decided to take it upon myself to bear this burden for a while. I have been told there is some interest out there (Stateside? Ghana? Fulham or Saints fans? "Utlandsproffs" who "klarar inte sprrrraket sa brar lengrrre"?) so I will try to offer good news reports and some of my own views and opinions.

A little background on me: I was taken to my first few games in 1982 at age six. My best friend's dad used to cycle for Hammarby and took us to the footie. The 1982 season is one of the most important seasons in the history of the club, and time permitting I will try to give an account of my experiences that year as the blog develops. I have been in and out of the stands in the years since, my most committed periods of fandom being in the early nineties and again since the fabulous 2001 season. I am bilingual, half-Swedish/half-English, and I will always be a Bajen fan. My UK home is in Southampton, so yeah, I'm a Saints fan too, but I would support Bajen against Saints any day.

I spend my two hours of cathartic yelling and mob mentality in section K accompanied by my younger brother Jeff and my comrade in arms Ben (when they can get their shit together that is). I go to the games to add some pzazz to my life, and that's why you'll see me smiling there more often than not (no matter how the god of footie treats us on the specific occasion). Fandom, to me, is about full support no matter what. My favourite memories from SÖS are always the times when the crowd cheers the team on to turn a game that started poorly around, and when things look grim I remember that they have to for this to happen. If this makes me a fool, pity me from your flimsy battlements of negativity, I won't care (I am simply too busy enjoying the game and coming up with sentences like this one).

Enough with the intro, time to get the show on the road!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! Awesome. All the best.
Bosse, Durban South Africa
Hammarby. Whereever you are.

Anonymous said...

När det kommer till designen, och bloggar rent generellt egentligen, så är wordpress.com ett tusen gånger bättre alternativ än Blogger. Google är inte bäst i allting faktiskt :)

www.wordpress.com som sagt, gratis, utan reklam och mycket mer valfrihet.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inititive :)

I Heart Hammarby said...

thanks for the encouragement!!!

Anonymous said...

Bra initiativ!
Jag gjorde en intervju med Richard Kingson idag (bör komma upp på officiella närsomhelst). Han bad mig skriva den på engelska så att hans kompisar i Ghana skulle förstå något.
Så jag tror det är mycket uppskattat av våra utländska spelare såväl som deras familjer och vänner.

/g

Ben said...

I have nothing intelligent to add but "Heja Heja Bajen"!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sexrolikov.net.ua/tags/Black/]Black[/url] Смотри и дрочи : [url=http://sexrolikov.net.ua/tags/Sweets/]Sweets[/url] , все это смотреть

Anonymous said...

Hdcwey [url=http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com][b]hermes[/b][/url] hermes login http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com Jyrsby Kbrimx hermes bag